Monday, April 30, 2012

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

It's the beginning of strawberry rhubarb season and I took time out from all the things that usually get most of my attention to bake my man, aka The Garden Gnome, a birthday pie. With the left over strawberries and rhubarb, I made a compote that he likes to mix with yogurt.  It was deeply satisfying to make something in time with the season, for my beloved, from a family recipe that connects me to a line of ritual that brings soul to our kitchen.  I want to create more time for this. Time to bring soulful experiences into our life.  Making something in season from a recipe with a meaningful history is on my list.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts.
    Sorry I've been slow to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. You are my first blog conversation and an artist I admire very much. Your work is soulful and beautiful. It is wonderful to have conversations and be inspired with makers from all over the world.

      Delete